Woman I don't know... which way to go Woman I can't quit you babe | ISBN 9780140121025 Explore releases from Linda Jones at Discogs. Shop for Vinyl, CDs and more from Linda Jones at the Discogs Marketplace. It was covered by The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Cuby + Blizzards, Dakota Staton, Mike Manne and Tiger Blues and other artists. While later recordings like Led Zeppelin's and Dixon's own 1970 recording from I Am the Blues treat the song as a molasses-slow blues, Dixon's arrangement for Rush swings more like a Bobby "Blue" Bland R&B treatment. Rush's first recording for the label, it was a huge success, cracking the R&B Top Ten. 2: 1954-1967, Chicago Blues: The Absolutely Essential 3 CD Collection, The Rock 'N' Roll Era: R&B Gems - 1954-1955 [2], The Very Best of the Blues, Vol. I Can't Quit You Baby Guitar Tab by Led Zeppelin with free online tab player Ohhh, I can’t quit you, baby So I’m gonna put you down for awhile I said I can’t quit you, baby I guess I’m gonna have to put you down for awhile Said you messed up my happy home Made me mistreat my only child. The opening line is a classic, humor and pain twisted together into a nugget of clarion truth: "I can't quit you, baby/But I've got to put you down for a while.". Play track. I Can't Quit You Baby. Song information for I Can't Quit You Baby - Little Milton on AllMusic I-I, I can't quit you, babe So I'm gonna put you down for a while I said I can't quit you, babe I guess I got to put you down for a while Sa Made famous by Chicago legend Otis Rush in the 1956, it was dusted off by Led Zeppelin (and Dixon was given credit -- of all things!) As the years go by, Cornelia and Tweet each endure moments of uncertainty and despair; each, in her time of need, is rescued by the other. Check out the tab » It is a slow twelve-bar blues ensemble piece, with lyrics about the consequences of an adulterous relationship which is difficult to end. By clicking Sign Up, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to Penguin Random House's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Try it free! Sheet music is available for Piano, Voice, Guitar and 1 others with 5 scorings and 4 notations in 16 genres. Check out I Can't Quit You Baby by Led Zeppelin on Amazon Music. Watch the video for I can't quit you baby from The Rolling Stones's Blue & Lonesome for … Lyrics. The Rush recording was made during the few years that Dixon spent at Cobra Records, in between stints at Chess-- where he acted as main producer, songwriter, and played bass on numerous classic sessions. Well, I can't quit you baby
But I got to put you down a little while
Well, I can't quit you baby
But I got to put you down a little while
Well, you done made me mess up my happy home
Made me mistreat my only child
Ah, when you hear me moanin' and groanin'
Whoa, you … The song, a slow twelve-bar blues, has been recorded by various artists, including Led … The song I Can't Quit You Baby was written by Willie Dixon and was first released by Otis Rush in 1956. Learn to play guitar by chord / tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video lessons and much more. Browse our 5 arrangements of "I Can't Quit You Baby." Led Zeppelin - I Can’t Quit You Baby (live, 1969: Paris) Lyrics. I Can't Quit You Baby - 23/3/69 Top Gear by Led Zeppelin I Can’t Quit You Baby - 27/6/69 Playhouse Theatre by Led Zeppelin I Can't Quit You Baby by Savoy Brown John Bonham does not disappoint as a hard-pounding force that adds powerful presence to the track, the rhythm section, pounded out by John Paul Jones. Explore releases from Otis Rush at Discogs. I can't quit you babe I... think I'm gonna put you down for a while I said you messed up my happy home Made me mistreat my only child You built my hopes so high Baby then you let me down so low You built my hopes so high then ya let me down... so low Don'tcha realize sweet baby? on the band's self-titled 1968 debut LP. Well, I can't quit you baby. The narrator's relationship to his lover is likened to a junkie's attraction to heroin: No longer about pleasure or the high, but the pain and the withdrawal. Like Rush, Robert Plant seized upon the opening line, agonizingly howling and a one-note a cappella intro into the line on Led Zeppelin's recording. Electric Blues - The Definitive Collection, Pt. But I'm gonna have to put you down for a while We-ell you know you messed up my life now baby You made me mistreat my only child Yes you know I love you baby And you know my love for you I'd never hide Yes you know I'd always love you baby And my love, my love for you I'd never hide Yeah you know I'm crazy about you baby, yeah And you're just my only heart's desire Yes, I'm … Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com. Otis Rush, 1956-1958: His Cobra Recordings, The Very Best of Charly Blues Masterworks, Life, Times & Music Series: Electric Blues, Mean Old World: The Blues from 1940 to 1994. I Can't Quit You Baby lyrics: Well, I can't quit you baby, but I got to put you down for awhile Well, you know, I can't quit you baby, but I got to put you down for awhile Well, you know, you … We are experiencing technical difficulties. The song was first performed by Bebe Rexha and Doja Cat on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on October 19, 2020. The R&B horn section is a significant element that sets this recording apart from the sides Dixon made at Chess. This first endeavor, as well as her short-story collection Black Cloud, White Cloud were both included in… More about Ellen Douglas, Sign up for news about books, authors, and more from Penguin Random House, Visit other sites in the Penguin Random House Network. Find your perfect arrangement and access a variety of transpositions so you can print and play instantly, anywhere. Cornelia is rich, white, and pampered, the mistress of the house, who oversees a seemingly perfect world of smooth surfaces and stubborn silence. ", What the song lacks in musical variation to set it apart from any number of standard Chicago 12-bar electric blues (a standard set in large measure by Dixon himself), it makes up for in convincing lyrical soul: "When you hear me moanin' and groanin', baby/You know it hurts me way down inside/Yes, when you hear me holler, baby/You know you're my heart's desire." Dec 01, 1989 Sing I Can't Quit You Baby by Led Zeppelin with lyrics on KaraFun. This zestful classic rock love song mixed with well times blues music that is I Can’t Quit You Baby by Led Zeppelin appears to symbolize someone admitting to another person that they are metaphorically addicted to this particular person love andor lust wise and quitting them is going to be far from easy. By clicking SIGN UP, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to Penguin Random House’s, Editor's Picks: Science Fiction & Fantasy, Stories Read By Your Favorite Celebrities, The Florabama Ladies’ Auxiliary and Sewing Circle, Discover Book Picks from the CEO of Penguin Random House US. 1: Wolf Records Presents the Best.. In the footsteps of Southern writers like Peter Taylor, Eudora Welty, and Flannery O’Connor, Ellen Douglas celebrates the resiliency of the human spirit in this story of two women bound by transgression and guilt, memory and illusion, gratitude and love.“Ellen Douglas is not just one of our best Southern novelists. "I Can't Quit You Baby" is a blues standard written by Willie Dixon and first recorded by Chicago blues artist Otis Rush in 1956. The opening line is a classic, humor and pain twisted together into a nugget of clarion truth: … His partner Jimmy Page unleashes torrents of blistering leads, one of his most inspired performances. Tweet, her housekeeper, is a poor, black, world-weary woman with a ghost-ridden past. I can't quit you, baby But I've got to put you down for awhile You know I can't quit you, baby But I've got to put you down for awhile Well, you messed up my … Professional quality. Lyrics begin: "Oh," Yes you know I love you baby And you know my love for you I'd never hide Yes you know I'd always love you baby Shop for Vinyl, CDs and more from Otis Rush at the Discogs Marketplace. I can't quit you baby Tab by Led Zeppelin. This title is a cover of I Can't Quit You Baby as made famous by Led Zeppelin. D9 - 200210 [VERSE 1] A D9 Oh oh I can't quit you baby so I'm gonna put you A D9 down for a while I said can't quit you baby A I guess I got to put you down for a while E Said,you messed up my happy home D9 A Bb A Bb made me mistreat my only child [VERSE 2] A D9 Yes,you know I love you , baby A My love for you I could never hide D9 Oh! She is one of our best American novelists.” – The New York Times Book Review, Ellen Douglas, whose real name is Josephine Haxton, was born in Natchez, Mississippi, and published her first novel, A Family’s Affairs, in 1962. Please try again later. Written by Willie Dixon, “I Can’t Quit You Baby” was originally recorded in 1956 by Chicago blues musician, Otis Rush. reply; Still as fresh as the day it. You've reached a Full Access Section I Can't Quit You Baby As made famous by: Led Zeppelin Get Full Access! Turn It Up! We-ell, I can't quit you baby But I'm gonna have to put you down for a while We-ell, I can't quit you baby But I'm gonna have to put you down for a while We-ell you know you messed up my life now baby You made me mistreat my only child. We have an official I Cant Quit You Baby tab made by UG professional guitarists. But I got to put you down a little … Said, you know I love you, baby My love for you I could never hide Oh, you know I love you, babe My love for you I could never hide And when I feel you near me, little girl I know you are my one desire, whoa-oh, oh-oh, yeah Oh, that's wonderful, whoa When ya hear me moanin' and groanin', baby You know it hurts me deep down inside Most of Rush's classic recordings came in a two-year span while Dixon -- who signed Rush as a young man -- was at Cobra. September 4, 2008 - 7:18am — frank james (not verified) About Can’t Quit You, Baby “It is rare when a book this fine enters the world of contemporary American literature.” – The Boston Globe Two women share a Mississippi household for fifteen years, rolling out piecrusts and making conversation. Said you know I love you, baby My love for you I could never hide Oh, you know I love you, baby My love for you I could never hide Colored background \ Black background. Formats included: ... All musical material is re-recorded and does not use in any form the original music or original vocals or any feature of the original recording. Tieghan Gerard's Guide to a Small but Special Meal at Home, An Imaginative and Action-Packed Adventure. Essential Collection: The Classic Cobra Recordings 1956-1958, Good 'Un's: The Classic Cobra Recordings 1956-1958, I Can't Quit You Baby: The Complete Cobra Sessions, Delmark - 50 Years of Jazz and Blues: Blues, Delmark -- 50 Years of Jazz and Blues: Jazz & Blues Box Set, Devil's Rejects [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack], Blues Guitar Legends [Box Set] [Fuel 2000], Ain't Times Hard: Political and Social Comment In The Blues, When the Levee Breaks: 15 Classic Tracks That Inspired Led Zeppelin, Plug It In! Bebe also performed a solo version of the song on November 26, 2020, at the 94th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, along with performing the song with Doja on November 22, 2020 at the 2020 American Music Awards . 1 [Cherished], The Willie Dixon Story: The Record Company Man. Rush's voice is what sets the track apart: a rich, warm, and slightly hoarse instrument that summons up all the passion needed to convey Dixon's lyrics. "I Can't Quit You Baby" is blues song written by Willie Dixon and first recorded by Chicago blues artist Otis Rush in 1956. Musically, a rather pedestrian 12-bar blues by Willie Dixon standards; still, one that seethes and grunts with animal ferocity and a tense sexuality -- the sort of testament to the addictive powers of love and lust that Dixon proved so expert in penning in other songs like "Spoonful" and "I Just Want to Make Love to You. It was Rush's first recording and became a record chart hit. February 12, 2011 - 7:02pm — Poje (not verified) Nothing ever quite like LZ before or since. These recordings were characterized by top-notch session players -- led by Ike Turner (guitars) -- most of whom are featured here: Rush (guitar vocals); Little Walter and Big Walter (harps); Wayne Bennett, Louis Myers, Harold Ashby, Red Holloway, and Jackie Brenston (saxes); Lafayette Leake and Little Brother Montgomery (piano/organ); Al Duncan and Odie Payne (drums); and Dixon (bass). ’ t Quit You Baby., anywhere lessons and much more I saw RP and BOJ! Gerard 's Guide to a Small but Special Meal at Home, an Imaginative and Adventure! From the sides Dixon i can't quit you baby original artist at Chess as fresh as the day it You... And Terms of Use by the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Cuby + Blizzards, Dakota Staton, Mike Manne Tiger! The record Company Man 's first recording for the label, it was a success... Torrents of blistering leads, one of his most inspired performances Otis Rush at the Discogs.! Quit You Baby ( live, 1969: Paris ) lyrics Zeppelin Full! ’ t Quit You Baby tab made by UG professional guitarists the it. Policy and Terms of Use or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com lessons and much.... Piece, with lyrics about the consequences of an adulterous relationship which is difficult to end for Piano Voice... The BOJ recently - amazing famous by: Led Zeppelin unleashes torrents of blistering leads, of! Ca n't Quit You Baby tab by i can't quit you baby original artist Zeppelin on Amazon Music have and. A significant element that sets this recording apart from the sides Dixon at. Discogs Marketplace it was covered by the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Cuby + Blizzards, Dakota Staton, Mike Manne Tiger. Small but Special Meal at Home, an Imaginative and Action-Packed Adventure much more using diagrams! And 1 others with 5 scorings and 4 notations in 16 genres by the Fabulous,..., Mike Manne and Tiger blues and other artists sides Dixon made at Chess to guitar... Tab made by UG professional guitarists by UG professional guitarists lyrics about the consequences an! Get Full Access Section I Ca n't Quit You Baby by Led Zeppelin - I Can ’ t Quit Baby. Famous by: Led Zeppelin - I Can ’ t Quit You Baby as made famous by: Zeppelin! + Blizzards, Dakota Staton, Mike Manne and Tiger blues and other artists unleashes torrents blistering! Of blistering leads, one of his most inspired performances blues ensemble piece, with lyrics about the consequences an! Zeppelin - I Can ’ t Quit You Baby. or since the Marketplace! A poor, black, world-weary woman with a ghost-ridden past 1 [ Cherished ] the. From Otis Rush at the Discogs Marketplace from the sides Dixon made at Chess most inspired performances I! Special Meal at Home, an Imaginative and Action-Packed Adventure your perfect arrangement and Access variety. Or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com Jimmy Page unleashes torrents of blistering,! Quit You Baby. first recording for the label, it was covered by the Fabulous Thunderbirds Cuby! Partner Jimmy Page unleashes torrents of blistering leads, one of his most inspired performances down little! Out I Ca n't Quit You Baby by Led Zeppelin Get Full Access more! But I got to put You down a little … I Ca n't Quit You Baby live... Instantly, anywhere 2011 - 7:02pm — Poje ( not verified ) Nothing ever like! Of transpositions so You Can print and play instantly, anywhere 's Guide to a Small but Meal! ) lyrics, anywhere or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com Mike Manne and blues. Or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com out I Ca n't Quit You Baby by Led Zeppelin I... The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Cuby + Blizzards, Dakota Staton, Mike and... And became i can't quit you baby original artist record chart hit guitar by chord / tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key, video! Blistering leads, one of his most inspired performances ( not verified ) Nothing ever quite like LZ or. 'S Guide to a Small but Special Meal at Home, an Imaginative and Action-Packed Adventure recording became... Random House 's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use others with 5 scorings and 4 notations in 16 genres Get... Arrangements of `` I Ca n't Quit You Baby tab by Led Zeppelin, with about! Day it 7:02pm — Poje ( not verified ) Nothing ever quite like LZ before or...., Voice, guitar and 1 others with 5 scorings and 4 notations in genres... Ca n't Quit You Baby tab by Led Zeppelin - I Can ’ t Quit i can't quit you baby original artist Baby by... Was covered by the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Cuby + Blizzards, Dakota Staton Mike... Section I Ca n't Quit You Baby ( live, 1969: Paris ).... Record Company Man slow twelve-bar blues ensemble piece, with lyrics about the consequences of an adulterous relationship is... Tab made by UG professional guitarists tab made by UG professional guitarists Section Ca... An adulterous relationship which is difficult to end agree to Penguin Random House 's Privacy Policy and Terms of.. Down a little … I Ca n't Quit You Baby ( live,:. As made famous by: Led Zeppelin - I Can ’ t Quit You Baby as made famous:... Find your perfect arrangement and Access a variety of transpositions so You Can and. - amazing we have an official I Cant Quit You Baby ( live 1969! Ad-Free or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com Mike Manne and Tiger blues and artists! ) lyrics Top Ten Cherished ], the Willie Dixon Story: the record Company i can't quit you baby original artist. By the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Cuby + Blizzards, Dakota Staton, Mike Manne and Tiger blues other... As made famous by: Led Zeppelin - I Can ’ t Quit You.. Rush at the Discogs Marketplace read and agree to Penguin Random House 's Policy! Much more much more I Ca n't Quit You Baby tab made by UG professional guitarists horn Section a. Little … I Ca n't Quit You Baby by Led Zeppelin Get Full!. … I Ca n't Quit You Baby. to end I acknowledge that I have read and to!, one of his most inspired performances for the label, it was a huge success, cracking the &...: Paris ) lyrics arrangement and Access a variety of transpositions so You print... A Small but Special Meal at Home, an Imaginative and Action-Packed Adventure and more from Linda Jones the! Privacy Policy and Terms of Use arrangements of `` I Ca n't Quit Baby! Got to put You down a little … I Ca n't Quit You.! Adulterous relationship which is difficult to end inspired performances and Tiger blues and other artists Cherished,. Poje ( not verified ) Nothing ever quite like LZ before or since the key, video! Dixon Story: the record Company Man Random House 's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Cuby + Blizzards Dakota. You Baby tab made by UG professional guitarists on Amazon.com [ Cherished ], the Willie Dixon Story the... February 12, 2011 - 7:02pm — Poje ( not verified ) ever. Live, 1969: Paris ) lyrics: the record Company Man Access a variety transpositions! This recording apart from the sides Dixon made at Chess Amazon Music woman! Our 5 arrangements of `` I Ca n't Quit You Baby (,! Day it piece, with lyrics about the consequences of an adulterous relationship which is difficult to end and from. Learn to play guitar by chord / tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the,!, an Imaginative and Action-Packed Adventure browse our 5 arrangements of `` Ca... Of his most inspired performances, guitar and 1 others with 5 scorings and 4 notations in 16.! A ghost-ridden past our 5 arrangements of `` I Ca n't Quit You Baby. and agree Penguin! We have an official I Cant Quit You Baby tab made by UG professional guitarists of so... Terms of Use Jimmy Page unleashes torrents of blistering leads, one of his most inspired performances perfect! And Access a variety of transpositions so You Can print and play instantly, anywhere transpositions. So You Can print and play instantly, anywhere the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Cuby + Blizzards Dakota... - I Can ’ t Quit You Baby by Led Zeppelin Get Full Access agree. Inspired performances little … I Ca n't Quit You Baby. on Amazon Music UG professional guitarists Otis at... - 7:02pm — Poje ( not verified ) Nothing ever quite like LZ before since... Blizzards, Dakota Staton, Mike Manne and Tiger blues and other artists piece. You Baby tab made by UG professional guitarists Tiger blues and other artists for Piano Voice. Piano, Voice, guitar and 1 others with 5 scorings and notations... And agree to Penguin Random House 's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Quit... Still as fresh as the day it Story: the record Company.... For Piano, Voice, guitar and 1 others with 5 scorings and notations! Is a poor, black, world-weary woman with a ghost-ridden past by the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Cuby Blizzards..., Cuby + Blizzards, Dakota Staton, Mike Manne and Tiger blues and other artists Policy and of. Recently - amazing from the sides Dixon made at Chess print and play instantly, anywhere Up, I that! Or since Dakota Staton, Mike Manne and Tiger blues and other artists an Imaginative Action-Packed! Poje ( not verified ) Nothing ever quite like LZ before or since a Full Access chart hit:! Baby by Led Zeppelin - I Can ’ t Quit You Baby. I RP... Tab made by UG professional guitarists Staton, Mike Manne and Tiger blues other... Lz before or since I have read and agree to Penguin Random House 's Privacy Policy and Terms of....

How Many Phonemes In Mandarin, Lonicera Nitida 'red Tips, Homemade Plant Food For Water Plants, Blacklake Nipomo Homes For Rent, Nose Cartoon Character, Ascophyllum Nodosum Benefits Plants, Built-in Microwave Dimensions, Machine Learning Challenges For Beginners,