This is a mid-season review of The King: Eternal Monarch, currently airing on Netflix. The tale is about a devoted son Sinmun who helped his father's dish wish come true and in return was rewarded with an instrument that was powerful enough to bring peace to the country when played. The King: Character Summaries by Welmaris and the Royal Court, part 2. hitType: 'event', 'The King: Eternal Monarch' is originally aired in South Korea on SBS at 10 pm on Fridays and Saturdays. window.adsContainer = {"positionAfterTitle":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle5_Rel_Newrev","isOrganicUserAd":true},"position2":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_After_Title_Rel_Newrev"},"position3":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Below_Next_Rel_Newrev"},"position4":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle_Rel_Newrev"},"position5":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle1_Rel_Newrev"},"position6":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle2_Rel_Newrev"},"position7":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle3_Rel_Newrev"},"position8":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle4_Rel_Newrev"},"position9":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle5_Rel_Newrev"},"positionTop":{"code":"Article_Desktop_970x250_Header_Rel","isOrganicUserAd":false},"positionBottom":{"code":"Article_Desktop_Sidebar_Bottom_Rel_Newrev","isOrganicUserAd":true},"positionBottomRight":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_After_Title_Rel_Newrev","isOrganicUserAd":true},"position10":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle10"},"position11":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle11"},"position12":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle12"},"position13":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle13"},"position14":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle14"},"position15":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle15"},"position16":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle16"},"position17":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle17"},"position18":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle18"},"position19":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle19"},"position20":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle20"},"position21":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle21"},"position22":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle22"},"position23":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle23"},"position24":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle24"},"position25":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle25"},"position26":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle26"},"position27":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle27"},"position28":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle28"},"position29":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle29"},"position30":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle30"},"position31":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle31"},"position32":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle32"},"position33":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle33"},"position34":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle34"},"position35":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle35"},"position36":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle36"},"position37":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle37"},"position38":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle38"},"position39":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle39"},"position40":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle40"},"position41":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle41"},"position42":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle42"},"position43":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle43"},"position44":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle44"},"position45":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle45"},"position46":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle46"},"position47":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle47"},"position48":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle48"},"position49":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle49"},"position50":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle50"},"position51":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle51"},"position52":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle52"},"position53":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle53"},"position54":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle54"},"position55":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle55"},"position56":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle56"},"position57":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle57"},"position58":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle58"},"position59":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle59"},"position60":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle60"},"position61":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle61"},"position62":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle62"},"position63":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle63"},"position64":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle64"},"position65":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle65"},"position66":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle66"},"position67":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle67"},"position68":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle68"},"position69":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle69"},"position70":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle70"},"position71":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle71"},"position72":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle72"},"position73":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle73"},"position74":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle74"},"position75":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle75"},"position76":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle76"},"position77":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle77"},"position78":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle78"},"position79":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle79"},"position80":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle80"},"position81":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle81"},"position82":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle82"},"position83":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle83"},"position84":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle84"},"position85":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle85"},"position86":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle86"},"position87":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle87"},"position88":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle88"},"position89":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle89"},"position90":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle90"},"position91":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle91"},"position92":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle92"},"position93":{"code":"Article_Desktop_300x250_Middle93"}} eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), The show can be streamed on Netflix in the US. For me, Heirs was my least favourite out of all her dramas. Or does breaking only happen when its cut in half? They wasted many Episodes honestly I literally wanted to drop after 4 eps, my interest got up in 11th Episode. Both couples are cute. Splash splash live is a short carefree drama while The king eternal monarch is a 16 episode drama. media-tech companies with hubs around the world. The King: Ep 10 Where’s This No Man’s Land? When they meet, they hug and kiss and profess their love for each other. Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©. Still, it had its great moments that I love and appreciate, there is that feel the writer brings to it and for those who loved the actors, this will be more than enough. After 25 years, a grown-up Lee Gon is a beloved King in KOC. Shin Jae says he’ll … Thank you! Shin Jae is from Republic of Korea and Min Hyeon is from Kingdom of Corea. Everything turns back into its place after that happens and then the drama takes back viewers in time stamps to when important events happened to the main leads and demonstrating how their destiny had changed. }); This was such a let down!!! The story is dated back to the time when Korea was Silla Dynasty and was ruled by its 30th King Munmu of Silla. Why is the title Eternal Monarch? There are so many details in each episode that one might miss on first viewing, but fans have found interesting easter eggs in the show on repeat watch and that is what has drummed up a huge excitement for the show in its later period. To the contrary, I felt The King: Eternal Monarch was definitely one of KES’ best works until now. The King: Eternal Monarch season 1, episode 10 sees Lee Gon taking desperate measures to protect his monarch while he is on a mission. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The King: Eternal Monarch is so famous that ion SBS-Tv and Net set the record of “SBS’s highest 2020 Friday-Saturday drama premiere ratings.” The story depicts time travel. gads_event = event; And I was really hoping they would show how they handled the whole getting married to a woman from another world and making her the queen problem, while there is also a doppelganger of the queen in their world. I thought he remember Eun Sop? They end up arriving just in time to save the child Lee Gon. Thats the main reason why I did not like episode 16… both lee gon and JTE living freely without a care as they explore the universe. I’m happy with the ending but not satisfied with the drama…there were many things I wanted to know in detail and also it would have been very interesting if they would have shown us scenes of his ancestors using manpasikjeok but already too many characters were blowing up my mind lol. Lee Gon ends up catching to Lee Lim and with his sword he slays him. ‘The Hidden Angle’ is a weekly column examining narratives, frames and sounds that add value to movies and shows but are not part of conversations surrounding their success or failure. The details of the tale apparently symbolize the king's hopes about bringing together displaced people from two other kingdoms that the king had brought together in peace and harmony. Your source for Kpop and kdrama news, recaps and reviews. Min Hyeon grows up to be a CEO, Lee Gon looks happy to have seen him grow up well. Creators: Kim Eun-sook, Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Jee-hyun. Featured. With only the finale left, the stakes are high for the characters in "The King: Eternal Monarch." (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Lee Gon and Jo Young go back to the time of the treason but this time they’re 20 minutes earlier. Because let’s be real the OST is sickening. The 16th episode was filled with happy moments and I am here to share a quick recap. They both demonstrated how good they are as actors and I am so excited to see their next projects. The King: Eternal Monarch season 1, episode 10 serves another tragedy that changes the story forever and intensifies the stakes. While the 16th episode was filled with filler scene and in a sense to me felt like a letdown of a buildup to something bigger, it was still sweet. Calendar NEW; The King: Eternal Monarch (2020) Details; Episode Guide; Cast; Reviews; Recommendations; Photos; Edit this Page. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Why would the door close? The show can be streamed on Netflix in the US. Meanwhile, Shin Jae tells his mother that he’s not her real son and takes her to where her real son is, she cries and blames him but ends up hugging him and apologizes for blaming him for something he didn’t do. The King : Eternal Monarch Episode 16 Recap (Series Finale) Korea. For instance, when Court lady Noh tells the royal palace employees that any traitor and their family will be punished for their betrayal for three generations -- this is a common form of punishment in North Korea, which is where Court Lady Noh later confesses she is originally from during a conversation with Tae-eul. And if they keep on traveling, wont the flute continue to break? ga('ads.send', { hitType: 'event', }); The King:Eternal Monarch definitely gave a fitting end to the story and I agree, the 16 hours worth of content could have definitely been timed better and there were scenes which could have easily been skipped, especially in the earlier half. After Lee Gon sets back everything to its place acquiring the manpasikjeok, the realm they’re in flows and the shots fired at him ends up moving killing him instantly. Tae Eul calls him and reports she’s with Eun A’s body in the morgue. In the end what matters is that all our characters got their happy arcs and I agree, this was the most optimistic ending I’ve seen out of a KES drama. One of the things that many viewers had wondered was how Prince Buyeong's guards did not have any defensive wounds and how Lee Lim had managed to get beyond the royal security force. Community. Time travel is involved in Splash Splash Love. Lee Lim visits Prince Buyeong. Like if it was not in this episode, it would’ve charted and be popular (that’ll help the KDrama as well). It did not look like the king will be living for eternity when it was shown that both he and Tae Eul will be time/universe travelling and aging together. window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('impressionViewable', function(event) { Lee Gon and Tae Eul accidentally end up in the present time in the kingdom of Corea and they get caught by the royal guard. Here is a big spoiler for the ending that someone posted on DC Inside. He killed all the guards on the way in. The show can be streamed on Netflix in the US. Because every once in a while, this seems to be what I fall back on. Time travel plots are difficult to execute because they’re still science fiction for us and as you said, there will always be a new question/loophole to explain. But appreaciate if you could enlighten me, or anyone. Causal loop would’ve made more sense. After all, he has finally got to meet the woman he had been in search of all this while. Feeds Lists Forums Contributors. Going back and “changing the past” makes sense ONLY if your in a causal loop OR if you are creating another parallel universe. Win at all costs Tae-eul tells Lee Lim that she is going to wait for Lee Gon to succeed in his mission and then when done, she will deal with him. Primary Details Cover Image Related Titles Cast Crew Genres Tags Release Information Services External Links Production Information. Lee Gon tries to persuade Jo Young against tagging along with him but he fails. While the arc about time travel adds the element of science fiction to the show, the source of all of it is the very powerful and ancient flute that is addressed as Manpasikjeok in the show. I cannot remember where I … Parallel world hopping in The king: Eternal Monarch. The King: MyChoiYoung’s Scar Analysis . But then, you begin to pay attention to King Lee Gon's constructs about the time-space continuum and realize that a lot more thought has gone into building the worlds of Kingdom of Corea and Republic of Korea. It is this flute that gives both Lee Lim and Lee Gon the ability to travel back and forth between two worlds. We are one of the world’s fastest growing }); In the first honest conversation between King Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) and Detective Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun) in 'The King: Eternal Monarch', Lee Gon tries to explain that he is from a parallel world. eventAction: 'load' eventAction: 'click_image_ads' You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. }); reporters on a platform technologically tailored to meet the needs of the modern reader. Discussing theories, character analysis and the overall time-travel & parallel universe storyline as a whole. Time travel is involved in Splash Splash Love. It was the young and real Shin Jae who lost his ball though, not young Min Hyeon. if(document.querySelector("#ads")){ If I didn’t continuously want this drama to get better I wouldn’t have continued watching with the hope that it … hitType: 'event', The King: Welmaris’ Frozen Time Recap. document.querySelector("#adunit").addEventListener('click',function(){ Like his uncle, he ends up entering the same portal in a bamboo forest and finds himself in the parallel world. The King: Eternal Monarch kore yabancı dizi izle, altyazılı kore dizileri seyret, The King: Eternal Monarch tüm bölümleri ve sezonları türkçe altyazılı izle. What a let down and very unrealistic even for a fantasy…. did you like it? In 1994, the Kingdom of Corea encounters severe upheaval. Its most likely possible.. Until now we have only seen Lee Gon travelling through time. The fact that she spotted him riding a beautiful white horse whom he adoringly refers to as Maximus in the middle of Seoul, South Korea's traffic, led to her conclusion that this man was nothing but an eccentric hack. They later sneak out and end up in the palace, they go to the CCTV room to delete all traces of her but they stumble upon a secret Jo Yeong has been hiding from Lee Gon, apparently, he started dating Seung A. Not sure if this was explained in the series, maybe i just didnt notice it. Home > The King The Eternal Monarch > SPOILER: The King Eternal Monarch (THEORY) V May 23, 2020 News. Korean TV Shows. Those who crossed to the other universe and whose counterpart has died will have the burnt mark. By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. People who get confused in this drama means they don’t get it.I find the plot intricately and creatively written – not the conventional straight forward story lines. Both FL like King in other world. The King: Eternal Monarch kdrama ruled with a gorgeous cinematography, ... it’s the time travel/parallel world aspect that gave me a bit of a headache in this kdrama, haha! There will be typos which we have fantasies of fixing once the episode finishes airing. Then decide to write about every single show she’s watched during that time over a span of two days with little to no sleep. },false) The King:Eternal Monarch definitely gave a fitting end to the story and I agree, the 16 hours worth of content could have definitely been timed better and there were scenes which could have easily been skipped, especially in the earlier half. Lee Gon stumbles on young Min Hyeon who lost his ball; he throws it back to him and saves him from getting hit by a car. This often leads to plot holes in my thinking but, let’s just enjoy the show and not think about it too much. Unfortunately for him, our hero has other issues to concern himself with aside from his lady love and begins piecing some things together. }); MEAWW is an initialism for Media Entertainment Arts WorldWide. } I didn’t expect it to end this well but “The King: Eternal Monarch” provided what could possibly be labeled the most satisfying ending of all time. When it comes to storyline, there isn’t much of an obvious direction that season 2 could go in. … Beginning with Lee Gon's condition, Jo-yeong finds Lee Gon on time to ensure that he can take the king to a hospital while Tae-eul is out of town investigating the death of Prime Minister Koo Seo-ryeong's look-alike in the Republic of Korea. You have entered an incorrect email address! what happens to her father? pg.acq.push(function() { That’s the sad part about it. After Lee Gon kills Lee Lim by going to the past, how do only Lee Gon, Tae-eul, and Captain Jo still have their memories?! Illegitimate brother of King Lee Ho and half-uncle of Lee Gon. The poem analyses. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), Video 13 BEST Time Travel Korean Dramas. Edit Information. What did you think of “The King: Eternal Monarch” ending? In these initial moments, both Lee Gon and Tae-eul are each rabbit that the other followed down a hole to find a whole new world. Honestly I did not believe this drama would have a happy ending..I mean all fantasy dramas have Something really sad about the ending or atleast kill few characters. Another example too is the travel in the different universe in different times is well explained by the time and space axis and that the earth is around and you can turn 360 degrees.It is very well said in the dialogues . The poem analyses. Find Out How The 16th Episode Performed. hitType: 'event', (I’m laughing at myself…I’m no expert. In the first view, 'The King: Eternal Monarch' seems as if it is any other garden variety 'melo' K-Drama with a splash of fantasy-science fiction. All of that aside, today I wanted to talk about The King: Eternal Monarch. eventAction: 'click_ads' Okay, For everyone who is still around! eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), ga('ads.send', { But I loved the drama nonetheless. The King: JT7’s Timeline as of Ep 12. ... Time Travel. (Naming of the twins part) But why didn’t he remember Jeong Tae Eul when Lee Gon and JTE got caught in the forest? Featured. Hi, I am Jazmine K. the founder of Jazminemedia, in this site, I share my thoughts on the stories me and my team cover. Learn how your comment data is processed. MEAWW brings you the best content from its global team of This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. 1. To borrow an expression from 'Alice in Wonderland', "The best way to explain it is to do it." He wishes to obtain the Manpasikjeok, a mythical flute which he believes would allow him to attain eternity. window.googletag.cmd.push(function() { Our hero works to convince our skeptical heroine that he’s telling the truth about where he’s from and who he is, and she may just be slowly coming around. Let me know what else you need to dissect. Lee Gon visits Prince Bueyeong; he tells him that Lee Lim hasn’t aged and he must track him down — he states the confrontation won’t happen in the Kingdom of Corea. I have a couple of questions, and was hoping someone here could possibly explain, in case I missed out on something! How to Watch: Netflix Shorthand Character Chart: The King the Eternal Monarch Character Chart How we do this: This live recap will be in two parts and we segment each post around every 10 minutes.Sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on the scene. That’s sad. Meanwhile, Tae Eul goes back to the present time and finds out that everything has been turned back to its place. The King: JT7’s Timeline as of Ep 12. }) Young Lee Gon didn’t have the ID card so he wouldn’t have known Tae-eul. He wonders where Tae Eul is. window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotOnload', function(event) { eventAction: 'click_adunit' If you can say a time travel theme has sense at all. “The King: Eternal Monarch” was one of the weakest Kim Eun Sook scripts I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen all of her dramas. The King: Eternal Monarch is a fantasy-romance drama that depicts the story about two parallel worlds. Then who takes over the kingdom? I've been a fan of kdramas since 2012 and counting~ Join me as I discuss some of the hottest currently airing kdramas, and if you have any requests for a kdrama review, please let me know in the comment section of any article. The first time they went back in time…how did he get back without the flute…? The King: Eternal Monarch sets the scene beautifully in its first episode. ga('ads.send', { This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The King: Ep 10 Where’s This No Man’s Land? Then, in the later episodes, why does Tae-eul say that the door will close if the Manpasikjeok becomes whole? But when Lee Gon see the Prince in 2000, he keeps staring at him like he misses him or something. Find Out How The 16th Episode Performed, The 2020 Soribada Awards Apologizes To EXO For Excluding Them From Its Nominees List, Will Correct The Error, “Oh My Baby” Is One Of The Best Rom-Coms Of 2020 But Does it Need To Be 16 episodes?- Episode 1 To 8 Review, Ji Chang Wook And Kim Ji Won’s Upcoming Drama Delays Premiere Date, Here Is Why, tvN’s New Drama “Awaken” Premieres To Solid Ratings, SBS “Penthouse” Continues To Set New Ratings Records. I would’ve personally loved “The King: Eternal Monarch” a lot more if it had just stuck to the present instead of creating weird scenarios to please plot points here and there. It looks like they kept meeting just on weekends having to keep their relationship secret the whole life, having no children, living their lives separately. He must have deliberately dropped Tae Eul’s ID so that he will go searching for her in future and the time loop will continue… These cookies do not store any personal information. He says, ‘the door will close and only the memories will remain.’. For instance, the show is huge on allusions. In fact, Redditors, who follow the show have come up with a detailed unofficial timeline that would help one understand which prime (in context of parallel worlds) both Lee Gon and Tae-eul are at in different episodes and how the eye for detail -- both in fans and creators of the show --  especially when it comes to logically explaining the plausibility of time travel begs attention. pg.acq.push(function() { When Lee Gon goes back to 1994 for the first time and he’s waiting to get back to 2020, how is he travelling back and forth between the worlds? Time travel dramas often have lots and lots of plot holes. You get your answers if you think and analyze the scenes and dialogues or maybe you need to watch it again ! A modern-day Korean emperor passes through a mysterious portal and into a parallel world, where he encounters a feisty police detective. The more I knew about him, the more I felt sorry for him. Report. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), Why does Tae eul doesnt have the burn marks? document.querySelector("#google_image_div").addEventListener('click',function(){ ‘The Hidden Angle’ is a weekly column examining narratives, frames and sounds that add value to movies and shows but are not part of conversations surrounding their success or failure. I think “The King: Eternal Monarch” 15 th episode was the longest one for the drama thus far, clocking at 1 hour and 20 minutes, however, I didn’t really feel time go by, I was so immersed in the episode and everything that was going on.. … if(document.querySelector("#google_image_div")){ The 13th episode ended on a cliffhanger note. He meets the kdrama’s female lead, Lieutenant Jeong Tae Eul, a hardworking detective working for the Violent Crimes Unit. Lee Gon goes to check on Eun Seop who has landed a job at the NIS, and we find out that Eun Seop and Nari ended up together. ga('ads.send', { No one would appreciate this subtle scene but for thinking viewers it is just an example of how the writer presents the complex or underlying in depth explanation of some of the details of certain scenes with some viewers not even “ getting it” or seeing the connection or parallelism.And that’s what I find so interesting in the plot . The King: Eternal Monarch is difficult to review because, at face value, it is an entertaining drama: interesting premise, excellent cinematography, addictive soundtrack, strong female lead, suspenseful, and romantic. }); At the same time, Tae Eul is afraid that Lee Gon has failed and ends up firing a couple of bullets that don’t go off at first at Lee Lim. This is a very nice ending and I think the majority of fans will love this one, I think it’s one of the most optimistic endings I’ve seen from a Kim Eun Sook drama. 3. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website.

Costco Continuous Improvement, French Market Creamy Corn Chowder Recipe, Husqvarna 129c Review, Quantity Equation Example, How To Stop Oscillation Of Table Fan,